ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON PROTECTION OF CHILD RIGHTS AND LAW RELATING TO WOMEN EMPOWERMENT IN INDIA ON 12TH JANUARY, 2020 AT THE INDIAN LAW INSTITUTE, NEW DELHI
Board of Patrons
Prof. (Dr.) Manoj Kumar Sinha, Director, The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
Prof. (Dr.) Vijender Kumar, Vice-Chancellor, Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur.
Prof. (Dr.) J.S Patil, Vice Chancellor, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
Dr. S.K Salwan, Vice-Chancellor, Apeejay Stya University, Gurugram.
Board of Advisors
Dr.Adish C Aggarwala, President International Council of Jurists, London.
Sh. Srinivas Chandra Prusty Registrar, The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
Prof. (Dr.) Yugal Kishore, Dean, ICFAI Law School, Dehradun.
Prof. (Dr.) Shefali Raizada, Addl Director/Joint Heads, Amity Law School, Noida.
Dr. A.K Verma, Deputy Registrar, The Indian Law Institute, Delhi.
Law Mantra (Non -Profitable Trust)
The Indian Law Institue, New Delhi
Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
National Law University and Judicical Academy, Assam
Apeejay Stya University,Gurugram
International Council of Jurists, London
Amity Law School, Noida
ICFAI Law School, Dehradun
About Law Mantra: Law Mantra is a registered charitable trust with the Government of India under the India Trusts Act 1882 (Registration No 150 in Book No.4 Vol No 3, 603 of 2018). Law Mantra is exempted under Section 80 G and 12A. For corporate donations, partnering with Law Mantra qualifies under Schedule VII, Item 2, of the Companies Act, 2013. It can, therefore, be a part of the corporate social responsibility initiatives of commercial enterprises.
“Law Mantra” (headquarters New Delhi) is a body of Jurists, Advocates, Academicians and Students running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same. We at Law Mantra enable people to take responsibility for the situation of the deprived Indian women and children and so motivate them to seek resolution through individual and collective action thereby enabling women and children to realize their full potential.
About The Indian: The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi is a Deemed University and socio-legal research institute, founded in 1956. Established in New Delhi, primarily with the objective of promoting and conducting legal research, education and training. The objectives of the Institute as laid down in its Memorandum of Association are to cultivate the science of law, to promote advanced studies and research in law so as to meet the social, economic and other needs of the Indian people, to promote systematization of law, to encourage and conduct investigations in legal and allied fields, to improve legal education, to impart instructions in law, and to publish studies, books, periodicals, etc. Hon’ble Chief Justice of India is the ex officio President of the Institute. The Law Minister of Government of India & the Attorney-General for India are its ex officio Vice Presidents.
About Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur: Maharashtra National Law University Nagpur (MNLU Nagpur) is a National Law University located at Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. It is the 19th National Law University established in India by The Maharashtra National Law University Act 2014, passed by Maharashtra Legislature under the Maharashtra Act No VI of 2014
About National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam: The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) has been established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009 (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009). The word ‘School’ was replaced by the word ‘University’ by amending the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam (Amendment) Act, 2011. The Hon’ble Chief Justice of Guwahati High Court is the Chancellor of the University. NLUJAA promotes and makes available modern legal education and research facilities to students and scholars drawn from across the country, including the North East, coming from different socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds.
About Apeejay Stya University, Gurugram: Apeejay Stya University is a private, co-educational, international university located in Sohna, Gurgaon Haryana, India. It is India’s first meta and liberal arts university. ASU is a part the Apeejay Education Society, the managing body. It was established in 2010.
About International Council of Jurists, London: The International Council of Jurists is a professional body of jurists consisting of Senior legal practitioners across the globe with intent to promote legal professionalism. The council also provides legal aid to the less privileged.
About Amity Law School, Noida: The Amity Law School, Noida is an institution established by an educational society RBEF (Ritnand Balved Education Foundation) with the object of providing high quality education in the legal domain. The Founder Trustee, an NRI and an industrialist and the President of RBEF, Dr. Ashok K Chauhan is a renowned philanthropist who has dedicated his life to the service of the nation through education. Teaching at Amity Law School started with effect from 3rd November 2004.
About ICFAI Law School Dehradun: ICFAI Law School (formerly known as Faculty of Law), a constituent of the ICFAI University, Dehradun is established with an objective of developing a new generation of legal professionals through comprehensive and contemporary body of knowledge integrating law with Management/Humanities. ICFAI Law School is committed to shape a new cadre of legal professionals through a comprehensive and contemporary body of integrated knowledge of law and management/ humanities and rigorous education and research programs.
This Seminar will critically re-examine the current theory, law, policy and practice of women and child rights and the potential for more women and child sensitive globalization. There is in particular the need to consider the potential for concurrent action on domestic and international fronts, comprising policy changes, specific child- focused programmes, and child sensitive laws and initiatives. In this respect the Convention constitutes a benchmark, yet it is also necessary to question whether the Convention and its implementation produce social justice for children.
To provide a platform for stake holder like organizations working in international and national level, legislatures, civil societies, researchers, practitioners, academicians, activists and policy makers to deliberate and discuss on what is required to build strategies and to address the constraints in inclusive practices towards betterment of the society.
- The Child Protection Laws in India.
- Child Protection Laws and Role of NHRC and other agencies.
- Specific issues with regard to protection of children in India.
- Protection of Children: International Laws framework.
- Sexual Harassment at Work Place.
- Women empowerment and domestic violence.
- Cyber Space and Women.
- Reproductive Technologies and Rights of Women.
- Eve- teasing, Molestation, Sexual Abuse and Rape.
- Role of Judiciary in Empowering Women in India.
- Crimes against women and Children.
- Role of civic societies and NGOs in achieving women empowerment in India.
- Challenges and hurdles in the journey of women empowerment.
- Legislation, Policies and Law to achieve women empowerment.
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to above-mentioned theme.
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts:
- Abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted.
- The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant, Official Designation/Institution Details, Address and Email id, Title of Abstract
- Submit your abstract to email@example.com
Guidelines for Paper Submission: The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it.
Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format ( preferably 2007or 2010).
- The paper must be in single column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- Thesubheadingshouldbeinfontsize12, bold and Times New Roman, left aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified.
- The length of paper should not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size10 and should be according to attached foot note style sample.
Selected will be published in UGC Referred Book bearing ISBN, International Journal of Legal Research and Governance and Law Mantra Journal. (If Selected for Publication in UGC Referred Book bearing ISBN, Publication Charge will be Extra as Per bill of Publication House).
REGISTRATION FEE FOR PRESENTATION OF PAPER
Presentation in Absentia for Students
Presentation in Absentia Faculties/Professionals/Research Scholars/Others
Both Author and Co-Author have to register.
REGISTRATION FEE FOR ATTENDING THE SEMINAR
Submission of Abstract
19th December, 2019
Confirmation of Abstract Selection
22nd December, 2019
07th January, 2020
Submission of Full paper
09th January, 2020
12th January, 2020
Who Should Attend?
Students, Research Scholars/Faculties/Academicians, Disability Rights Activist, Corporate Delegates, Business entities, Lawyers.
Rules for the Presentation:
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively.
- Participants/Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees.
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in Conference.
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate, conference kit, lunch and tea.
- The registration fee includes conference kit, lunch, High Tea, entry to all Technical session, and Certificates.
Coordination & Organizing Committee:
- Mr. Kishor Kumar Mishra, President, Law Mantra.
- Dr. Shailender Kumar, Trustee, Law Mantra.
- Dr. Shobhna Jeet, HOD (School of Legal Studies), Apeejay Stya University.
- Dr. Bhavna Batra, Vice-President, Amity Law Foundation.
- Ms. Monmi Gohain, Assistant Professor of Law, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
- Mr. Samrat Dutta, Assistant Professor of Law, ICFAI.
- Mr. Nishant Chauhan, Law Mantra.
Helpline No : +91-9310053923, +91-8860257167
To Download Seminar Concept Note Click HERE
To Download Registration Form for Presentation Click HERE
To Download Registration Form for Participation Click HERE